Hire from Us!
We hire kayaks, open canoes and paddleboards from Bodiam and paddleboards and kayaks from Tonbridge.
You can hire equipment from us for 1hr, 3hrs or 5hrs.
At Bodiam, the River Rother is beautiful, flowing past Bodium castle which is just an arrow shot away, then follows along nearby the steam railway. The river is full of dragonflies, damselflies and wild flowers.
At Tonbridge, the wide River Medway is ideal for watersport activities and its calm side streams are crammed with wildlife from dragonflies to kingfishers.
Once kitted up, you’ll be given a safety briefing and then you’ll be on your way. Have a fun messing about on the river or stop for a picnic, whatever you choose, you’ll be sure to have a great time!
We hire to one adult (aged 18+) and leave the ages of the rest of the group to you.
- Shoes you can get wet in – Trainers or wet suit boots are ideal – no sandals, crocs or open toed shoes – you must have solid footwear.
- A large towel for changing
- Swimming Kit – Arrive in your swimming kit to save time, we have wetsuits available if required
- Sun Protection – Please bring suncream and/or a sun hat
Equipment Hire Terms & Conditions
The hirer, hiring the equipment is 18+ years of age and is responsible from the moment of taking control of all the equipment to when it is handed back to an Epic Life member of staff.
- Hire does not include advice upon participant competence and all activities undertaken by the hirer is at the hirer’s own risk.
- Please be advised you can book a guided session instead of a hire session if required.
- The hirer is responsible for handling the equipment safely and would be liable for any incidents that occur during the time of hiring the equipment.
- Any damage to boards or equipment will be charged at replacement value. For liability reasons we are not able to assist or even advise on methods or transporting equipment.
- The hirers credit/debit card details will be securely stored in our DSC compliant and will be charged for the full replacement value of the boards or item of equipment if it is damaged whilst in the care of the hirer.
- The value of the boards and equipment are SUP’s £850, Double Kayaks £650, Single Kayaks £480, Wetsuits £85, Buoyancy Aids £40, Sea Kayaks £999 and paddles £70.
- An equipment hire form will be completed by the hirer before hiring the equipment.
- The equipment we hire is safe and insured for intended purposes only.