Set in the beautiful scenery of North Wales, you will be introduced to the excitement and joy of white-water paddling with Ant from StanduppaddleboardingUK. Beginning with still/slow moving water steadily progressing to faster moving water's including features such as rapids and wave trains throughout the sessions. You will begin on your knees and as you develop skills and gain confidence you can try your hand at standing.
You will arrive on Sunday 19th May (check in from 4pm) and we will be staying in the fantastic Coed-Y-Glyn Meadow Lodge log cabin set in serene surroundings on the banks of the River Dee in Glyndyfrdwy near Llangollen. (https://www.coedyglyn-logcabins.co.uk/meadowlodge). The Meadow Lodge cabin sleeps 6-12 people and is an ideal place to come back to relax after a day's paddling. With its own hot tub which is perfect to chill and relax those muscle. We will be sharing rooms with the cabin having one double room, two twin rooms and a bunk room with six luxury bespoke bunk beds.
The itinerary for the three days paddling is flexible and will be subject to weather conditions. The instructor will include different areas of the River Dee including the section where we are staying if conditions allow. Depending on the weather, we may have to change the itinerary around or change locations to alternative scenic rivers and lakes.Below is an example of the itinerary, paddling will be three days Monday - Wednesday:Day 1 - our instructor will meet and greet us at the log cabin and sort out our kit. We will spend the morning with a little session on flat water to get an idea of our paddling skills and then moving onto a little white water in the afternoon.Day 2- skills day on white water, getting to know how to paddle and understand white water paddlingDay 3 - a day's trip, hopefully launching from the cabin site.With full days paddling from 9am-4pm, we will have the evenings to ourselves. We will need our own transport to get to paddling locations, if we can car share this would be a good option.You will need to have a moderate level of paddling (able to paddle confidently, get back on your own board, know how to turn) if you are unsure, please contact us and we will be able to advise.We will return on the Thursday morning leaving by 10am, having your own time to make your own way home.
What is included:
- Accommodation including bedding & towels
- 3-day instruction run by a fully qualified British
Canoeing certified instructor
- All equipment, paddleboards, paddle, leashes, white water helmets and Buoyancy Aids - if you would prefer to use your own board or equipment you are welcome to bring this with you, the instructor will look to see if it is suitable on the first day and can change if required.
What is not included:
- Travel - if possible, we can car share
- Food & drink - there are plenty of eating places near the accommodation for the evenings, but we will need to take food with us for during the day. There is a kitchen in the accommodation.
Total cost £475 per person
How to Book
- There will be a non-refundable £150 deposit paid at time of booking and remainder due 4 weeks before the trip.
- Once booked you will receive a confirmation email and a follow up email with full details and a form to be completed.
If you would like any further information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 07377184505 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org